Spinach Latkes sides
- 2 Boxes Frozen Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Peeled And Shredded Potatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- Salt To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Matzo Meal
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Place the spinach, potato in a colander, place paper towels or a cheesecloth over the top and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Sprinkle salt over the vegetables and let them drain for 15 minutes. Squeeze vegetable again in paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, vegetables, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in matzo meal or flour, parsley and feta.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Place vegetable mixture, formed into pancake sized cakes in hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. (Cook two to three minutes per side). Add more oil as needed to keep cakes frying up well. Drain fried latkes on paper towels