Roast Beef and Vegetables
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 1 Package of Dried Onion Soup Mix
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 5 pounds rump roast
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Small bag of baby carrots
- 1 package slice cremini mushrooms
- 1 bag Yukon gold fingerling potatoes
Pour water into a large kettle, and add bouillon cubes.
Mix together the salt, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, oregano, basil, and onion soup mix on a large plate. Rub roast with 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Roll roast in seasoning mixture until well coated. Place the roast in the kettle along with any left over seasoning mixture and oil.
Place Vegetables around sides of pot.
Bring water to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer approximately 3 1/2-4 hours. Meat should be tender and well done.