- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Small Green Bell Pepper, Chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 Ounce) Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 (10 Ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes With Green Chile Peppers
- 2 (15 Ounce) Cans Ranch-Style Beans
- 1 (14.5 Ounce) Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Corn Chips, Or To Taste
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Or To Taste
- 1 Small Container Sour Cream
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix onion and green bell pepper into ground beef.
Mix tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with green Chile peppers, ranch-style beans, stewed tomatoes, and chili powder into beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until flavors have blended, 30 to 45 minutes. Add 1 Cup of Cheddar and stir until melted.
Layer corn chips and hamburger mixture into serving bowls and top with Cheddar cheese and sour cream to taste.