Mushroom San Marie Tart
- 2 Pounds Italian Sausage
- 1 Sheet Crescent Roll Dough
- 4 Teaspoons Fennel Seed
- 1 Pound Sliced Fresh Cremini Mushrooms
- 2 (10 Ounce) Packages Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed And Drained
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Half-And-Half Cream
- 2 Pounds Shredded Sharp Cheddar (1 Cup Reserved for topping)
- 2 Teaspoons Dry Mustard Powder
- 1/2 Cup Dry Vermouth or White Rice Vinegar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Roll out crescent dough to fit the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, brown sausage and fennel seeds in a large skillet over medium heat, about 10 minutes; drain off excess grease, then add mushrooms and spinach. Cook until the mixture is hot and the juice from the spinach and mushrooms has evaporated,10 to 15 more minutes.
In a bowl, mix the butter, Parmesan cheese, half and half cream, Cheddar cheese, mustard powder, and vermouth until well combined; then add the sausage mixture and fold into the mushroom/spinach mixture until combined.
Pour over the baked crescent crust. Tent with foil and bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and browned, 20 to 30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes Remove the foil tent and sprinkle remainder of the cheese over the top and continue baking for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is brown and melted.