Sausage Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
12 Slices Artisan Bread, chopped
12 Ounces Palmetto Cheese, Original
14 Ounces Broccoli, Fresh Or Frozen
1 lb. Mild Sausage Cooked
8 Eggs, Whole
3-1/2 Cups Cream
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
In a microwave-safe bowl, cook frozen broccoli for 10 minutes. Cool down with cold water and drain. Uncooked broccoli will add extra moisture to your casserole, so be sure to not skip this step.
- Next remove the crusts off of your white bread. Set aside.
- Now you’ll want to brown sausage until crumbly drain on paper towels
- In a mixing bowl, add your 8 eggs, cream and seasonings. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Now it’s time to put everything together.
- In a 9″x 13″ pan, place half of the chopped bread.
- Top with sausage, broccoli and half of your Palmetto Cheese.
- Top that with other half of the bread.
- Spread the rest of the Palmetto Cheese on top of the bread.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours to let the bread soak up the egg mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes foil tented at 375 degrees. Bake an additional 5-8 minutes until crust has browned and egg mixture has been thoroughly cooked in the center.
- Let rest for 10 minutes to make cutting easier.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Years ago I read a psychologist report that said the traits we hate in others is secretly things we hate in ourselves. I won’t even get started on what just thinking the word hate does to the spirit self. Since I read this, I ask myself when I’m being upset by annoying behaviors, so you don’t ever do this? My spirit kicked me in the backside…Big Ouch! I know that sometimes I walk into a room and I’m bigger than life without even trying (not just my physical presence). I’m always self analyzing. I figure when they put me in the “Home”….I’ll be the only one able to analyze myself.
My point is this…..judging others is a bad, bad habit of mine. Even when someone is being evil and rude I am not the one with the right to judge. The Bible says…”judge not and you will not be judged”…. Boy is that a tough one, as I grew up with a mother who sat in negative judgement on everyone and everything. But we can make better choices. I’m not there yet but I’m getting better. I wish you a world free of judgement. Love you, our Divas…Namaste, The Queen Cronista.
Thank you Wild Woman Sisterhood….
This beautiful Quote below from Science and Metaphysics made me think that if we could spread love, laughter and joy like we spread a peanut butter and jelly sandwich we’d have a world everyone could enjoy. Who doesn’t have a nut allergy of course. Then we’d learn to make something just as yummy for them. Namaste, My Divas, The Queen Cronista….
Program that subconscious with …..Namaste, The Queen Cronista
Thanks to Healing Energy Tools….