- 3 Pounds Fresh Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons White Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Skewers (soaked in water so they don’t burn)
In a large zip lock, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and vinegar. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp, and close bag and shake until shrimp is evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until pink and opaque. Serve with Brussels Sprouts Hash and a Mediterranean salad with tarragon vinaigrette.