Artichoke Penne Alfredo
- 4 Cups Penne, Cooked To Package Instructions
- 1 Small Jar Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Cups Evaporated Milk, Divided
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tub (8 Oz.) Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 Cans (14 Oz. Each) Artichoke Hearts, Drained, Chopped
- 2 Sm Pkg Frozen Spinach Thawed And Squeezed Dry
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, Divided
- 3 Pkg. (8 Oz.) Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheeses, Divided
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Heat oven to 375º F. Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Put one cup of Evaporated milk and Alfredo Sauce in a sauce pan on medium low, and whisk. Whisk in remaining milk and garlic.
- Gradually add to cream cheese spread in skillet, stirring after each addition until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add artichokes, spinach and 1/4 cup Parmesan; mix lightly. Drain pasta. Add to artichoke mixture; mix well. Spoon half into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers.
- Top with combined bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan. Bake 30 to 35 min. or until pasta mixture is heated through and top is golden brown.
- Serve with Garlic Toast and Mediterranean Salad with vinaigrette.
Variation: Add 4 cups of rotisserie chicken shredded for additional protein.