- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- 2 (1 ounce) packages fajita seasoning
- 5 large avocados – peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 large bell pepper – stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 extra large onion, diced
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Whisk water, oil, liquid smoke, and fajita seasoning together in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Reserve about ½ cup of marinade for the avocados and marinade them in a separate bag. Add peppers and onion, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate all in the refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight; turn occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Stack tortillas; wrap in aluminum foil. Place in oven to warm.
- Preheat large skillet for medium high heat and lightly oil. Drain marinade from vegetable mixture and avocados (do not add avocados immediately); transfer to a skillet and stir fry until vegetables are tender. Add Avocados the last 3 minutes of cooking, Cover with aluminum foil. Place in the preheated oven to keep warm.
- Fill tortillas with avocado and onion mixture; roll or fold tortilla around filling. You may top with fresh diced tomatoes, Shredded cheese and shredded lettuce if desired .