Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Bunch Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Bunch Broccoli Florets
- 1 Package Cremini Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Chunks
- 2 Onions, Diced
- 1 Small Bag of Coleslaw Mix
- 3 Cups Sugar Snap Peas
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth or Water
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet. When oil begins to smoke, quickly stir in 2 cloves minced garlic, ginger root, green onions and salt. Stir fry until onion becomes translucent, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and stir until opaque, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 4 cloves minced garlic and stir. Add sweet onions, cabbage, snap peas, broccoli, mushrooms, and 2 cups of the broth/water and cover.
- In a lidded jar, add the remaining broth or water, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch replace The lid tightly and shake vigorously until blended. Pour the sauce mixture into wok/skillet and stir until chicken and vegetables are coated with the thickened sauce. Serve immediately, over hot rice if desired.
NOTE: This is a basic recipe can be used for all stir fry by substituting steak, pork or even sliced brats for the chicken.