Pear And Feta Spring Salad
- 1 Bag Baby Spinach Or Spring Greens
- 4 Pears – Peeled, Cored And Chopped
- 6 Ounces Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 Avocado – Peeled, Pitted, And Diced
- 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Green Onions
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Prepared Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the nuts. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the nuts. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, toss lettuce, pears, feta cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with nuts, and serve.