Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta Appetizer. Side
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 Lemon, Zested
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Or To Taste
- 1/8 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, Or To Taste
- 8 Slices French Bread, Toasted
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 32 Large Cremini Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Marsala Wine
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 4 Tablespoons Chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix ricotta, egg, lemon zest, 1/2 the salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a bowl until smooth.
- Place toasted bread slices on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and evenly divide ricotta mixture atop the bread slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is browned, about 12 minutes.
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir mushrooms in mixture until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add green onions; cook and stir until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir Marsala wine into mixture and cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add chicken stock and lemon juice to skillet; cook until liquid has evaporated. Reduce heat to low. Stir in parsley and butter. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon mushroom mixture equally atop the slices of ricotta-topped bread slices.