Ground Chuck Cheeseburger Soup
- 2 Pounds Ground Chuck
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Divided
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Diced Celery
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley Flakes
- 2 Lg Cans Of Diced Tomatoes (about 4 Cups)
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Half N Half
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In same saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, basil and parsley until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, ground beef and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tomatoes are combines, 10-12 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir until bubbly, 3-5 minutes. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.
- Serve in bread bowls with skewers of your favorite burger condiments, sweet tea or ginger ale.
- Yield: 8-10 servings