Oven: 375 F.
4 Lg Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Lg Bundle Of Asparagus
1 Large Pkg Cremini Mushrooms
6 Cups Water, Bring To A Boil
4 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1 Lg White Onion Rough Chopped
4 Garlic Cloves Minced
1/2 Sea Salt
2 Tablespoons Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Chopped
1 Cup Chicken Stock
2 Cups Madeira Wine Or 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Shredded
1. To blanch asparagus: Remove fibrous stems from asparagus by snapping them off . To blanch asparagus, fill a medium pot with 6 cups water, bring to a boil and add 1 Tbsp salt. Add asparagus and boil uncovered until crisp tender and bright green (2-3 minutes then remove immediately from hot water and set aside).
2. Place a large oven proof pan over medium/high heat and melt in 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil. Add thickly sliced cremini mushrooms and cook 5 minutes until soft. Stir in diced onion and cook 3 minutes. Add minced garlic cloves then season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper and 2 Tbsp fresh parsley. Cook another 2 minutes then remove mixture to a plate and wipe skillet clean with wet paper towel.
3. Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound each cutlet between plastic wrap until no more than 1/4″ thick. Season chicken breasts all over with tsp salt and black pepper. Place same pan over medium/high heat and add 3 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil. When butter is finished foaming, add chicken breasts and saute 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan to the same plate as mushrooms.
4. In the same pan, add 2 cups Madeira wine or 1 cup balsamic vinegar and boil until reduced by half (5 minutes of vigorous boiling), scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Add 1 cup chicken stock and boil until 2/3 cup liquid remains or about 1/4 of it’s original volume (10 min). Reduce heat to medium, add 1 cup cream and simmer until sauce thickens (2 min). Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste and turn off heat.
5. Return chicken to the pan, turning it to coat in the sauce. Top with mushrooms, asparagus and sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake in 375 F. Oven 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley.