Chicken Tikka Masala Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee (clarified Butter)
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 (14 Ounce) Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves, Cut Into Bite-Size Pieces
- 1/2 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, Or To Taste (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon White Sugar, Or To Taste (optional)
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium heat and cook and stir onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook and stir just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, ginger, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and turmeric into the onion mixture; fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir tomato sauce into the onion and spice mixture, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes, then mix in cream, paprika, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Bring sauce back to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir chicken into the hot oil, sprinkle with curry powder, and sear chicken until lightly browned but still pink inside, about 3 minutes; stir often. Transfer chicken and any pan juices into the sauce. Simmer chicken in sauce until no longer pink, about 30 minutes; adjust salt to taste.
- Serve over Basmati Rice with Garlic Naan