Spicy BBQ Shrimp
- 1 Fresh Lemon Juiced
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Diced Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Curry Paste
- 2 Pound Large Shrimp – Peeled And Deveined
- In a shallow dish or resealable bag, mix together the lemon juice, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, brown sugar and curry paste. Add shrimp, and seal or cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate. Thread the shrimp onto skewers, or place in a grill basket for easy handling. Transfer the marinade to a saucepan, and boil for a few minutes.
- Grill shrimp for 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Baste occasionally with the marinade.
- Serve with Cucumber Salad and Jasmine or white rice.
ASIAN CUCUMBER SALAD
- 3 Cucumbers – Halved Lengthwise, And Sliced
- 3 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds Toasted
- 2 Fresh Red Chile Peppers, Sliced
- Put the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with salt; set aside to drain for 1 hour.
- Whisk the vinegar and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved; add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds; whisk to emulsify.
- Rinse salt off the cucumber slices by running under cold water; place in a large bowl with the sliced red chili peppers. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve immediately.