Tomato Shrimp Tortellini Pasta
- 16 Ounces Cheese Tortellini Pasta
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Medium Roma Tomatoes, Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1 Cup Spinach Leaves
- 1 Pound Cooked Shrimp – Peeled And Deveined
- 8 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Diced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- In the container of a food processor, combine the garlic, onion and oregano. Pulse until finely chopped. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant and almost golden. Mix in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes while the pasta is cooking, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in spinach until it wilts, then just before the pasta is done, stir in the shrimp. Cook until heated through. Toss with pasta in a large serving bowl, and mix in mozzarella cheese.