Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Roast
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons Smoky Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 4 ( Pound) Sirloin Tip Roast
- 1 Bag Of Fingerling Potatoes Halved Lengthwise
- 1 Pound Of Brussels Sprouts Halved Lengthwise
- 1/2 Cup Of Water With 4 Tablespoons Of Worcestershire Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the paprika, kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme. Stir in the olive oil, and allow the mixture to sit about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a Dutch Oven or 9×13 aluminum baking pan
- Spread the potatoes and Brussels Sprouts in the bottom pour Worcestershire and water over vegetables.
- Place the roast in the prepared Dutch Oven or baking pan, and cover on all sides with the spice mixture. Cover or Tent the roast until 15 minutes before cooking time is up. Pull off Lid or tent and roast 15-20 more minutes until brown on top.
- Roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Let sit 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with herb roasted fingerling potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts on the side.
Roquefort Or Gorgonzola Pear Salad
- 1 Head Bib Lettuce, Torn Into Bite-Size Pieces
- 1 Small Bag Baby Spinach
- 3 Pears – Peeled, Cored And Chopped
- 5 Ounces Roquefort Or Gorgonzola Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 Avocado – Peeled, Pitted, And Diced
- 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Green Onions
- 1/8 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Prepared Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/8 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, spinach, pears, cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, toss and serve.