Mediterranean Penne n Cheese main
- Kosher Salt
- 8 Oz. Penne Pasta
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 C. Heavy Cream (or Half-And-Half)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Italian or Tuscan Seasoning
- 1 C. Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1 12-Oz. Jar Roasted Red Peppers, Drained And Chopped
- 1 C. Packed Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 C. Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Stir in garlic until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle flour over butter and stir until thickened. Gradually whisk in heavy cream (or half-and-half) until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir in shredded cheeses until melted, then add pasta to skillet and stir to combine.
- Add roasted red peppers, spinach leaves, and mushrooms. Stir until spinach is tender. Add salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately with a garden salad and garlic bread.