Beef Mushrooms And Rice Casserole
- 3 Lbs Sirloin Steak Chopped into 3 inch cubes
- 2 Ounces Dried Or 3 Cups Chanterelle Or Other Wild Mushrooms
- 3 Ounces Sliced Fresh Button Mushrooms
- 1 Pkg Cremini Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 Teaspoons Butter
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Shallots, Minced
- 2 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups Long Grain Rice To Package Direction In Stock
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Quart Chicken Stock
- 4 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, Or To Taste
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- Brown Meat in 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil and Butter; set aside
- Once soft, remove dry the mushrooms from the water and chop; discard water.
- Cook Rice to package directions in salted chicken stock.
- Melt butter along in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, shallot, and garlic; cook and stir two minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the fresh mushrooms, and continue cooking until the mushroom softens and begins to release its liquid. Stir in the chopped chanterelle mushrooms, white wine and cook 3 minutes more.
- Remove the rice from the heat, and stir in the steak, heavy cream and Gorgonzola cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir into mushroom mix let sit for 5 minutes for flavors to marry and serve.
- Serve with Caesar Salad and Pecan Cookie Bars for Dessert