Italian Sausage Soup
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage
- 3 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 Quarts Chicken Broth
- 1 (14.5 Ounce) Can Italian-Style Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Sliced Carrots
- 2 (14.5 Ounce) Can Great Northern Beans, Undrained
- 2 Small Zucchini, Cubed
- 3 Cups Spinach – Packed, Rinsed And Torn
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini. Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat, and add spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
- Serve with Corn Bread and caprese salad.