Old Fashioned Ground Beef Casserole
- 3 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 2 (15 Ounce) Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 Lg Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Large White Onion, Diced
- 3 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese,
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix salt, garlic and tomato sauce into ground beef; simmer until flavors blend, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cover skillet, and cool to room temperature.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and onion in a bowl.
- Pour the noodles into large mixing bowl; fold in sour cream mixture. Spoon the ground beef mixture and 2 cups of cheese. Stir until all is blended. Top casserole with the remaining cup of Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until Cheddar cheese has browned, 25 to 30 minutes.