Beef Tenderloin With Roasted Shallots
- 3/4 Pound Shallots, Halved Lengthwise And Peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Tomato Paste
- 3 Pounds Beef Tenderloin Roast, Trimmed
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Flat Leaf Parsley For Garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In 9 inch pie pan, toss shallots with oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until shallots are deep brown and very tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine beef broth and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until the volume is reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Whisk in tomato paste. Set aside.
- Pat beef dry; sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Add beef to pan; brown on all sides over medium high heat, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven. Roast beef until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 125 degrees F. for medium rare, about 25 minutes. Transfer beef to platter. Tent loosely with foil.
- Spoon fat off top of pan drippings in roasting pan. Place pan over high heat on stove top. Add broth mixture, and bring to boil; stir to scrape up any browned bits. Transfer to a medium saucepan, and bring to simmer. Mix 1 1/2 tablespoon butter and flour in small bowl to form smooth paste; whisk into broth mixture, and simmer until sauce thickens. Whisk in remaining butter. Stir in roasted shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut beef into 1/2 inch thick slices. Spoon some sauce over, and garnish with parsley.
Fried Brussels Sprouts Side
- 6 Slices Bacon, Cut Into Bite-Size Pieces
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 1 (12 Ounce) Package Fresh Brussels Sprouts, Trimmed And Sliced
- Salt And Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- Place bacon pieces in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels, leaving grease in the skillet.
- Cook onion in the bacon grease in the skillet until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat in the bacon grease. Cook and stir until browned and tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in, salt, and black pepper; sprinkle in bacon pieces. Serve with garlic mash potatoes and spring greens salad with lemon vinaigrette.