Lemon Chicken With Caper Sauce
• 4 Chicken Breasts (skinless)
• 2/4 Cloves Garlic.
• 1 Tbsp Capers ( Rinsed)
• 2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley.
• Half Lemon Sliced.
• 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice.
• 1/2 Pint Chicken Stock.
• 5 Tbsp Olive Oil.
• 2 Tbsp Butter.
• Parsley For Garnish.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess flour.
- In a large skillet over a medium high heat add 3 tbsp olive oil. When the oil starts to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- When the chicken is browned, flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When oil starts to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in the same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate, set to one side.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock, capers and garlic.
- Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavour.
- Check for seasoning and add lemon slices and parsley.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5/10 minutes depending on the size of breasts. Remove chicken to a platter.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted green beans; Chocolate Covered Strawberries for dessert.