Grandma’s Beef Pot Roast
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 4 Pounds Boneless Chuck Roast
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Sm Bag Baby Carrots
- 5 Potatoes Rough Chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a heavy Dutch oven on top of the stove over medium high heat. Add oil, and sear meat in the center of the pan for 4 minutes. Turn meat over with tongs; sear all sides for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove meat from pan. Arrange potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, and 1 bay leaf in the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return meat to pan, place remaining bay leaf on top of meat, and cover.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 325 degrees F. Reduce the heat to 300 degrees F, and cook for 2 hours. Remove roast to a platter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice, and top with vegetables, onions and gravy.