Beef And Vegetable Stew
- 2 Pounds Beef Stew Meat, Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Potatoes, Cubed
- 4 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 2 Celery Ribs, Sliced
- 2 Carrots, Sliced
- 1 (8 Ounce) Can Tomato Sauce
- Sea Salt To Taste
- Cook and stir stew meat in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until browned on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain any excess grease.
- Stir beef bouillon into beef broth in a bowl until dissolved; pour over stew meat. Add onion, black pepper, and bay leaf; cover and simmer until stew meat is very tender, at least 2 hours. Add potatoes, cabbage, celery, and carrot; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 30 to 45 more minutes.
- Stir tomato sauce and salt into the stew; simmer, uncovered, until tomato sauce is fully incorporated and flavors have blended, 15 to 20 minutes.