Brussels Sprouts Mac N’ Cheese-Main
- 3 c. Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 box bow-tie pasta, boiled to al dente
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 1/2 c. half-and-half
- 1 1/2 c. white Cheddar shredded
- 1 c. fontina, shredded
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place Brussels sprouts on baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then bake until tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer until starting to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cheddar, fontina, and 1/2 c Parmesan and whisk until smooth. Fold in cooked pasta and cooked Brussels sprouts. Transfer into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine Panko and the remaining Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 25-30 minutes. Serve with Pear and Walnut Salad and Garlic Bread.