Chicken Chile, Spicy
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 (14.5 Ounce) Can Chicken Broth
- 1 (18.75 Ounce) Can Tomatillos, Drained And Chopped
- 1 (16 Ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (7 Ounce) Can Diced Green Chiles
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander Seed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 3 Cups, Roasted Chicken Meat
- 2 (15 Ounce) Can White Beans
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt And Black Pepper To Taste
- Heat oil, and cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in broth, tomatillos, tomatoes, chilies, and spices. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, and beans; simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with hot corn muffins and garnish with cilantro if desired.
- 1 1/4 cups half n half or buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven to warm it.
- Mix milk and cornmeal together in small bowl and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Beat cornmeal mixture, eggs, and butter into the flour mixture until you have a smooth batter, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from oven. Swish vegetable oil in the skillet to coat.
- Pour batter into the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 23 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.