Zesty Chicken Soups
- 2 Quarts Chicken Stock
- 8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Roasted
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
- 2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 Cubes Chicken Bouillon
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 (14.5 Ounce) Cans Peeled And Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 Ounce) Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 (16 Ounce) Cans Chili Beans, Undrained
- 1 (8 Ounce) Container Sour Cream
- Brush Chicken breasts with melted butter, salt and pepper and roast at 350 degrees for 30 Minutes. Cool and chop in 1 inch cubes
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Stir in diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, chili powder, chili beans, sour cream, chopped chicken and chicken stock.
- Simmer 30 minutes, add, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2 hours.
- 1 1/4 Cups Half N Half Or Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven to warm it.
- Mix milk and cornmeal together in small bowl and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Beat cornmeal mixture, eggs, and butter into the flour mixture until you have a smooth batter, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from oven. Swish vegetable oil in the skillet to coat.
- Pour batter into the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18 to 23 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.