ASIAN LETTUCE WRAPS##
- 16 Boston Bibb Or Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 Teaspoons Minced Ginger
- 1 Dash Asian Chile Pepper Sauce, Or To Taste (optional)
- 1 (8 Ounce) Bamboo Shoots (optional)
- 1 Bunch Green Onions, Chopped
- 4 Teaspoons Asian (dark) Sesame Oil
- Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not tear them. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and cooking oil in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease; transfer beef to a bowl. Cook and stir onion in the same skillet used for beef until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chile pepper sauce into onions. Add bamboo shoots, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked beef; cook and stir until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter and pile meat mixture in the center.
Lemon Zucchini Cake
Serves: 10 Servings
- 1¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Half n’ Half
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Or Almond Extract
- 2 Cups Cake Flour
- 1¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1½ Cup Shredded Zucchini, Drained And Squeezed Dry
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and butter. Whisk to combine.
- Add eggs and almond milk and whisk together.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until incorporated.
- Fold in zucchini and lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. The top of the cake should look dry.
- Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Use the parchment paper to carefully life the cake from the pan. Let cool completely on rack.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Slice and serve.