Cordon Bleu With A Twist…
- 6 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- 6 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 6 Slices Ham
- 6 Slices Prosciutto
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 12 Basil Leaves Fresh
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Cooking Wine
- 1 Teaspoon Chicken Bouillon Granules
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Colby Cheese Shredded
- Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick. Place a cheese, ham, & prosciutto slice and 2 fresh basil leaves on one end of each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the other half of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the cooking wine and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet add Colby Cheese and stir in. Cook, stirring until thickened and cheese is melted, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm.
- Serve with rice pilaf, steamed broccoli and garlic bread.