A great, fast, dish if you have friends and family coming in this weekend to celebrate the 4th of July.
Linguine and Clam Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Pinch Red Pepper Flakes, Or To Taste
- 2 Cups Half-And-Half Cream
- 4 (6.5 Ounce) Cans Minced Clams, Drained With Juice Reserved
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese For Topping
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Dried Linguine Pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper flakes, and cook stirring constantly until onion is tender. Add garlic, and cook for a couple of minutes, just until fragrant. Pour in the reserved clam juice, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Gradually stir the half-and-half cream and ½ cup cheese into the skillet, and simmer for another 20 minutes, but do not boil. Prepare linguine and garlic bread.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente.
- Add clams to the sauce, and cook just until clams are heated through, or they will become tough and chewy. Remove from heat, and serve over linguine pasta, toss and let flavors marry. Top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic bread and a good garden salad with lemon vinaigrette.