Keeping it fresh for the solstice…..
Grilled Halibut with Spinach and Tomatoes
- 4 (4 ounce) halibut filets
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove minced, or to taste
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach, or to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoon chopped onion
- 4 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place fish on a piece of aluminum foil and season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Top fish with spinach, tomato, and onion; season again with salt and black pepper. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over cod and top with mozzarella cheese. Fold foil over cod creating a packet, crimping the edges together making a seal.
- Cook on the preheated grill until fish flakes easily with a fork, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice pilaf and garlic bread.
Whipped Ricotta and Summer Fruit
- 1 pound fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh peaches, halved
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 3 plums, pitted and sliced into eighths
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, or more to taste
- Beat ricotta cheese, cream, cream cheese, and vanilla extract together in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spread ricotta mixture onto a platter; top with fruit. Drizzle honey over the fruit and sprinkle black pepper over the top. Garnish with mint sprigs.