Korean BBQ Short Ribs
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 3 pounds Korean-style short ribs (beef chuck flank, cut 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick across bones)
- In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, green onions, and sesame oil until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the ribs in a large plastic zipper bag. Pour the marinade over the ribs, squeeze out all the air, and refrigerate the bag for 3 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the ribs from the bag, shake off the excess marinade, and discard the marinade. Grill the ribs on the preheated grill until the meat is still pink but not bloody nearest the bone, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, crushed
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a medium skillet over low heat brown ramen noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds with melted butter or margarine. Once browned, take off heat and cool.
- In a small saucepan bring vegetable oil, sugar, and vinegar to boil for 1 minute. Cool. Add soy sauce.
- In a large bowl , combine shredded napa cabbage and chopped green onions. Add the noodle and soy sauce mixture. Toss to coat. Serve.