Oven 300 Degrees
- 8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (about 2 Lb)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Medium Carrots, Sliced Diagonally
- 1 Cup Medium Stalks Celery, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Can (8 Oz) Sliced Water Chestnuts, Drained
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth (from 32-Oz Carton)
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Finely Chopped Ginger Root
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 Cup Sliced Fresh Cremini Mushrooms (6 Oz)
- 1 Cup Snow (Chinese) Pea Pods
- Chow Mein Noodles, If Desired
- Remove fat from chicken. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- In 3 1/2- to 6-quart Dutch Oven, place carrots, celery, onion, garlic and water chestnuts. Stir to mix. Add chicken.
- In a medium lidded jar, mix broth, soy sauce and ginger root sesame oil; add cornstarch and water shake until well dissolved. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in mushrooms and pea pods. Increase heat setting 400 Degrees. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Toss with noodles; let sit 5 Minutes for flavors to marry and serve.
- Serve with Cucumber Salad and Fortune Cookies.
- May use a slow cooker instead if desired.
Cream Puff Cake
1 Stick Margarine
1 C Water
1 C Flour
1 Box Instant Vanilla Or White Chocolate Pudding (large Box)
3 Cups Half n’ Half
1 (8 Oz) Pkg Cream Cheese Softened
1 (8 Oz) Carton Cool Whip
Boil together the margarine and water.
Add flour and mix well. Cool slightly and stir in eggs, one at a time. Mix well and spread into a greased 9×13 pan.
Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Cool completely. NOTE: Crust will spread up onto the sides (this is suppose to happen).
In a large bowl, mix pudding, milk and cream cheese. Beat until lumps disappear.
Pour into cream puff crust.
Spread cool whip on top of pudding and drizzle syrup on top. Refrigerate.
This keeps well for days.