- 1 ( 3-4 Pound) Whole Chicken, Cut Into Pieces
- 1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
Salt And Pepper To Taste
1/4 Cup Grated Romano Cheese
1/2 Cup Grated Asiago Cheese
3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place chicken pieces in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour oil and stock over chicken and sprinkle with garlic. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and top with cheeses.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Pour vinaigrette over chicken and serve.
Mediterranean Chard And Cannellini Bean Side-dish
- 2 Slices Smoked Bacon, Finely Chopped
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth, Or More As Needed
- 1 (15 Ounce) Can Cannellini Beans, Drained And Rinsed – Or More To Taste
- 2 Ounces Parmesan Cheese Rind
- 1 Bunch Red Or White Swiss Chard
- 1/4 Cup Uncooked Small Pasta, Such As Orzo
- 3 Large Fresh Sage Leaves, Minced
- 5 Leaves Fresh Basil, Coarsely Chopped
- 4 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese, Divided
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon, onion, garlic, nutmeg, and red pepper flakes until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and cannelloni beans, and bring the mixture to a boil; stir in and the piece of Parmesan cheese rind. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook while you prepare the chard, about 10 minutes.
- Cut the stems from the chard, and slice the stems into pieces about 3/4-inch long. Cut the chard leaves into 1-inch wide ribbons. Stir the chard stems and pasta into the liquid, setting aside the leaves. Reduce heat to a simmer, and gently simmer until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir the chard leaves, sage, and basil in and simmer just until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place in serving bowl and top with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired. Serve with garlic bread and dessert below.
1 (19.8 Ounce) Package Brownie Mix
1 (3.9 Ounce) Package Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
1/2 Cup Water
1 (14 Ounce) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (8 Ounce) Container Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
1 (12 Ounce) Container Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
1 (1.5 Ounce) Bar Chocolate Candy
1 Cup Walnuts Chopped
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping, sprinkle with nuts. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate and nuts onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.