- 1 (5 pound) beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Pepsi Soda
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle tomato-based chili sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F .
- Season the brisket on all sides with salt and pepper, and place in a large cooking bag and vent as directed. Cover with a layer of sliced onions. In a medium bowl, mix together the soda, chili sauce, and brown sugar. Pour over the roast. Seal bag and place in a large dutch oven and cover
- Bake for 4 hours in the preheated oven. Let the brisket rest and cool slightly before removing from bag into pot and slicing. Reheat in the oven with the sauce spooned over the sliced meat.
- Serve with dinner rolls, steamed green beans and dessert below…..
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 (3 ounce) package Black Cherry Flavor Gelatin
1 1/2 cups cold water
5 cups pound cake cubes
3 cups cold half n half
2 pkg. (4 serving size) Cheesecake Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 8oz Cream Cheese Softened
1 (8 ounce) tub Extra Creamy Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
Reserve 1/3 cup cherry pie filling for garnish, set aside. Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water and remaining cherry pie filling. Refrigerate 45 min. or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
Place cake cubes in 3-qt. trifle bowl. Spoon gelatin mixture over cake. Refrigerate 45 min. or until set but not firm (should stick to finger when touched).
Pour half n half into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with on low speed of mixer 2 min. Fold in sour cream and softened cream cheese and beat on low until blended. Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon over gelatin mixture in bowl. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping and reserved pie filling. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Variation: You may substitute any of your favorite fruit pie fillings and matching gelatin flavors above. Complete as outlined.