Pesto with Swiss Chard
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil, Divided
- 10 Leaves Swiss Chard, Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 (3 Ounce) Package Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Shredded
- Salt And Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Box of Angel Hair Pasta Prepared to Directions
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the Swiss chard and garlic in the hot oil until the chard leaves have wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Process the basil, pecans, sea salt, Parmesan cheese, and remaining olive oil in a food processor until all the ingredients are well integrated. Add the Swiss chard mixture and the lemon juice to the food processor; continue chopping until the mixture is pureed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over Drained Angel Hair pasta toss to let flavors marry. Top with mozzarella and serve with garlic bread and Mediterranean Bean salad and dessert below.
Mediterranean Bean Salad
- 1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Zest Of One Lemon
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic, Or To Taste
- Sea Salt To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Bunch Italian Flat-Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1 (15 Ounce) Can Cannelloni Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 (15 Ounce) Can Garbanzo Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 Cup Minced Red Onion, Or To Taste
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and garlic together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add parsley, cannelloni beans, garbanzo beans, onion and feta; toss to coat. ; season with salt and pepper.
Key Lime Pie Bars
- 1pkg Short Bread Cookies
- 1 Container (16 Oz) Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
- 2 Cans (14 Oz Each) Sweetened Condensed Milk (not Evaporated)
- 5to 6 Large Limes (3/4 Cup Lime Juice And 2 Tablespoons Grated Peel)
- 2 Containers (6 Oz Each) Yogurt Key Lime Pie Flavor
Break cookies into gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag, and finely crush cookies with rolling pin.
Pour finely crushed cookies into large bowl; stir in 1 cup of the thawed whipped topping. Press mixture into ungreased 13×9-inch pan
In large bowl, mix condensed milk and lime juice; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until thick and smooth. Fold remaining whipped topping and yogurt into milk mixture. Spoon onto cookie crust. Top with grated lime peel. Cover and refrigerate about 8 hours or until completely set. Cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.