CURRY CHICKEN Chili
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Can (13.5 Oz Each) Coconut Milk
- 1 Can (15 Oz Each) Garbanzo Beans, Drained, Rinsed
- 1 Can (14.5 Oz Each) Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cups Rotisserie Bought Chicken Chopped (or 1 Lbs Ground Chicken Browned)
- 1 Cup Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth, Divided
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste, Divided
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala Or Curry Powder
- Chopped Cilantro, Plain Greek Yogurt And Warm Naan Bread, Optional
- In a large saucepan add 1/2 Cup broth, onion, ginger, garlic to saucepan. Cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons curry paste, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric and salt; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until spices are fragrant. Stir in cooked chicken, coconut milk, chickpeas and drained tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir in cornstarch mixture to saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon curry paste. Top each serving with cilantro, yogurt and serve with naan bread, if desired
For extra heat, add a few tablespoons of sambal chili paste.