Chicken Breasts Marie’
- 8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 (14.5 Ounce) Can Stewed Tomatoes, With Liquid
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Distilled White Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Celery Seed
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1/8 Teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown chicken on all sides. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, water, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt, chili powder, mustard, celery seed, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and return chicken to skillet. Cover, and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear.
Serve with a crusty baguette, garden salad and grilled asparagus.