- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 red chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 egg beaten
- Place garbanzo beans in the bowl of a food processor with bell pepper, garlic, red chile pepper, cilantro, tahini, salt, pepper and egg. Place the lid on the food processor, and pulse 5 times, then scrape the sides, and pulse the mixture until it is evenly mixed. If the mixture looks dry, add olive oil.
- Refrigerate garbanzo bean burger mixture for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Shape the chilled garbanzo bean burger mixture into patties.
- Bake 20 minutes, then carefully flip burgers and bake 10 more minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Serve on toasted Foccacia with lettuce and tomatoes and parsnip fries.