Sticky Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ Cup White Rice or White Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and hot sauce and corn starch in a small bowl; whisk completely until blended.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips toss again.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium, Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss in Roasted Vegetables below and serve over jasmine rice.
Oven Roasted Onions, Potatoes and Asparagus
1 1/2 Pounds Fingerling Potatoes, Cut Into Half
1 Bag Pearl Onions
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lemon Juiced And Zested
8 Cloves Garlic, Minced
4 Teaspoons Dried Rosemary
4 Teaspoons Dried Thyme
2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
1 lb green beans chopped in half
Ground Black Pepper To Taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large plastic zip bag, toss the potatoes, onions and asparagus with the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and the kosher salt. Shake the bag to coat. Place in a baking dish and Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F Remove foil, and continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are lightly browned. Season with pepper to serve.