Oven 400° Serves 8
- 7 Cups Cubed Pumpernickel Bread (about 10 Slices)
- ½ Cup Butter, Melted
- 2 Lb Thinly Sliced Deli Corned Beef, Coarsely Chopped
- ½ Cup’organic Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 Bag (14 Oz) Sauerkraut, Thoroughly Drained
- 1 Teaspoon Caraway Seed Optional
- 4 Cups Shredded Swiss Cheese (8 Oz)
- Additional Thousand Island Dressing, If Desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix bread cubes and melted butter; toss to mix well.
- Place 4 cups of the bread cubes in baking dish. Top with layers as follows: 2 cups of the corned beef, 1/2 cup dressing, the sauerkraut, caraway seed, 2 cups of the cheese, remaining corned beef and remaining 3 cups bread cubes. Cover with foil; bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 2 cups cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through. Serve with additional dressing.
Coconut Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1 1/2 Cups Flaked Coconut
- 1 1/3 Cups Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan pour in melted butter. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter. Next place the chopped nuts over the crumbs, and spread the chocolate and butterscotch chips over the nuts. Add the coconut over all, and pour the milk evenly over the top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown on top. Cool at least 20 minutes then cut into desired sized bars.