Corned beef and cabbage
- 2 Sm Onions, Cut Into Wedges
- 4 Lg. Potatoes, Peeled And Quartered
- 1 Lg Bag Of Baby Carrots
- 4 Cups Water
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 (4 Pound) Corned Beef Brisket With Spice Packet, Cut In Half
- 1 Lg Head Cabbage, Cut Into Small Wedges
- Place onion, potatoes, and carrots in a 6-quart Dutch Oven. Combine water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, and contents of spice packet in a small bowl; pour over vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage.
- Cover and cook on Low until meat and vegetables are tender, 8 to 9 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve with Cheddar Biscuits
CHEDDAR & Garlic Drop Biscuits
- 1 Box Cheddar Bisquick or other Cheddar Biscuit Mix
- ½ Cup Good Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Chives
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; stir in the onion and butter, and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Prepare Drop Biscuits to box directions. Add butter, Mayonnaise, Onions and Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet. Repeat to make about 10 -14 biscuits.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are browned and the cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.