Gloomy Day Comfort Food-White Bean Chili….
- 2 (14 Ounce) Package Smoked Sausage, Cut Into 1/2-Inch Cubes
- 4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 (15.8 Ounce) Cans Great Northern Beans, Drained, Rinsed
- 1 (4.5 Ounce) Can Chopped Green Chilies, Drained
- 1 Medium White Onion Diced
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Dash Of Ground Nutmeg
- Brown sausage and onions in large saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with ½ cup of the Chicken broth to remove brown bits. Transfer to a large soup pot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat, simmer covered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cornbread and a garden salad.