I’m going for a routine doctor visit today. I realize its spring and time to detox and get the annual checkup. I’ll liquid fast for 3 days and take my cleansing supplements for 7 days. Renewal for spring is just a few simple steps away.
People laugh at all of the healing/wellness supplements I take. However, laugh if you will, I’ve had one cold in 35 years and the flu once in my life. Admittedly I’ve had a challenge readjusting to the allergens, since returning to the mold capital of the world, here in Appalachia. But if I take my nettles regularly and keep them in my system ….not a problem.
Wellness is a state of mind as well as utilizing some of the great natural creations with which the Universe has blessed us. Fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and the right supplements mean a lot to the life of the body you are in. I’m just saying…given choices….healthy is better than having ass aches all the time. I choose healthy. You can too.
The Queen Cronista
Its now Spring; I wax philosophic….
Life is about taking opportunities when you find them. Tuning in, turning on and tapping into the stream of consciousness that binds us all. There are universal signs we can learn to watch that will enhance our abilities to tune into more cosmic/spiritual vibrations. For example, surfers and fishermen follow the tides to optimize their efforts on the oceans. One must learn to tap into the natural world and the rhythms of nature to maximize the forces of nature in our favor.
By tapping in to the vibration of our Universe, we “go with the flow” and merely by NOT resisting the vibrational forces in our favor we win! We must also know when NOT to force the vibration and reverse the energy fields set in place by the one source of it all. Ultimately it is all about balance and therefore, enjoying all the world that is open to each of us.
There are scriptures that tell us ….where one or more gather… it increases the vibration (good or bad) exponentially. If we or a group learns to tap into our Higher Power regularly our spirits soar and our world becomes a better place.
With anything, you must write it down and repeat it consistently to become part of your life force. Start by picking three things of which you wish to improve your personal vibration. It may be anything from flexibility, self-discipline, more loving spirit, intellect…anything! Write them down and next to each, recall a times that you know you could have made these situations better by changing the way you look/responded to them.
You can do this alone or with a your spirit group. Read them aloud and as you do each person affirm that “I am (state the positive nature) i.e. strong, loving, self-disciplined etc. “ Do this everyday for 21 days to get the habit anchored in your mind. You may feel strange. However, there is an old adage…Fake it till you make it! Write your goals down and read them daily. Either the first or last hour of the day. This makes the vibrational force stronger each time and draws in the energy you want to attract to your existence. This discipline should be as common as breathing or exercise and eating healthy food. Practice, practice, practice……
Make this your discipline with all of life. Connect to your Higher Power each day to improve your vibrational force, and make the life you are meant to have… happen.
The Queen Cronista
HAPPINESS COMES A LOT EASIER WHEN YOU STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS AND START BEING GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE PROBLEMS YOU DON’T HAVE.
I got a good Crone butt kicking this past week. There was a nice young man who came to do the exterminating at the Hobbit Cottage South. He was commenting on how my little space was so cute. I replied by saying there was no storage and I’d gone from 2700 sq. ft. home to this. I was having trouble adjusting.
He gently replied…”I grew up in a small trailer that was Haiti in the summer and the North Pole in the winter. I slept on a couch and we couldn’t afford a place like this. Boy did the Universe remind me of my place. As they say…”One mans trash is another mans treasure” …or words to that effect.
I then listened while he told of how his family has shunned him because he did not stay in the profession they all thought he should. He served his country and is now doing what he can to be self-sustaining. We should all get down on our knees and thank the glorious Universe that God has given us, for our many blessings each day. I remain your humbled Queen Cronista!!!
Chicken Krispy Roasted
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Roaster Chicken Cut Into Pieces
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Stick Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet skin side up. Brush all sides with butter.
- Combine garlic salt, onion salt, oregano, thyme, paprika, and pepper together in a small container with a lid. Close the lid and shake container until spices are thoroughly mixed. Sprinkle spice mixture liberally over chicken to coat.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until skin is crispy and no longer pink at the bone, and the juices run clear, (about 1 hour). An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F.
Serve with Cauliflower Casserole and salad
Oven to 375° 9×13 Pan
1 Head Of Cauliflower
1 8oz Cream Cheese
1 Cup Monetary Jack Shredded (Reserve ¼ cup)
1 Cup Cheddar Shredded (Reserve ¼ cup)
1/2 Cup Diced Green Onions
1/2 Cup Butter Melted
1 Cup Crispy Bacon Chopped
2 Teaspoons Garlic Minced
- Steam Cauliflower Florets until tender (about 6 minutes) drain and set aside
- Cream together cheeses, cream cheese, melted butter, garlic fold in onions, and bacon. Fold in cauliflower. Taste for seasoning. If you wish a smoother texture mash with a potato masher.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 Pan and sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly (approximately 8-10 minutes).
Fresh Raspberry Upside Down Cake
- 3 cups crushed fresh raspberries
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry flavored Jell-O(R) mix
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix, batter prepared as directed on package
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread crushed raspberry on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Evenly sprinkle raspberry with the dry gelatin powder, and top with mini marshmallows.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package, and pour on top of the marshmallows. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the pan to loosen the sides, and turn the cake out onto a serving tray. Store cake in the refrigerator.
The quality of your spiritual life dictates the quality of life around you and where you will go when you transition. Where will you be in your forever home?
The Queen Cronista
Sticky Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ Cup White Rice or White Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and hot sauce and corn starch in a small bowl; whisk completely until blended.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips toss again.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium, Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss in Roasted Vegetables below and serve over jasmine rice.
Oven Roasted Onions, Potatoes and Asparagus
1 1/2 Pounds Fingerling Potatoes, Cut Into Half
1 Bag Pearl Onions
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lemon Juiced And Zested
8 Cloves Garlic, Minced
4 Teaspoons Dried Rosemary
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large plastic zip bag, toss the potatoes, onions and asparagus with the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and the kosher salt. Shake the bag to coat. Place in a baking dish and Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F Remove foil, and continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are lightly browned. Season with pepper to serve.