This is an authentic, bold, and irresistible Thai soup ! This is the best Thai coconut soup I’ve had. You won’t be disappointed with this one! Serve over steamed jasmine rice.
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Stalk Lemon Grass, Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Red Curry Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Ground
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 3 (13.5 Ounce) Cans Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Pound Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp – Peeled And Deveined
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- Sea Salt To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste, in the heated oil for 1 minute. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually. Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar and turmeric; simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp; cook until no longer translucent about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice; season with salt; garnish with cilantro.
- 2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 4 Skinless, Chicken Breast Halves – Cut Into 1/2 Inch Strips
- 2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with jasmine rice and oolong tea
You could also use 1 lb jumbo shrimp or 1 lb sirloin strips in lieu of chicken.
Healthy suggestions to keep your kitchen ready for anything…..
Apples (Fuji, Honey-crisp)
Plain Greek Yogurt
Half n’ Half
Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
90% Lean Ground Sirloin
Center Cut Bacon
Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs
1” IN. (6 oz.)Sirloin Steaks
Frozen Deveined Shrimp
Frozen Broccoli Florets
15 oz. Can Cannellini Beans
28 oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
Bottled Roasted Red Peppers
Whole-grain Penne Pasta
6-in. Corn Tortillas
6-in Whole Wheat Pitas
6-in. Whole Wheat Tortillas
Egg Roll Wrappers
HERBS & SPICES:
Crushed Red Pepper
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Ground Red Pepper
Pure Vanilla Extract
REFRIGERATOR & PANTRY BASICS
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Light Olive Oil
Unbleached All Purpose Flour
Unsalted Chicken Stock
This week I spoke about appreciating and being kind to the chef and waitress at my breakfast local. Today the waitress told me the chef had to borrow $2.00 to get antifreeze for his truck yesterday. She told me when she gave him my $20.00 tip it almost made him cry. See how the Universe answers all needs in some form or another?
Keep up the good thoughts, keep giving what you have to whom you can and remember you can always give love if resources are on low. You may be the angel the Universe sent to someone in any given moment!!!!!
The Queen Cronista