This is an authentic, bold, and irresistible Thai soup ! This is the best Thai coconut soup I’ve had. You won’t be disappointed with this one! Serve over steamed jasmine rice.
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Stalk Lemon Grass, Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Red Curry Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Ground
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 3 (13.5 Ounce) Cans Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Pound Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp – Peeled And Deveined
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- Sea Salt To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste, in the heated oil for 1 minute. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually. Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar and turmeric; simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp; cook until no longer translucent about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice; season with salt; garnish with cilantro.