We are back from the holidays and ready to hit 2017 running…..or at least with fervor!!!! We hope you are with us and ready to do the same. Winter treat on the menu today….
“Cabbage leaves stuffed with ground beef, onion and rice, covered in a sweet and tangy tomato sauce and cooked in a slow cooker.” Stir Fried Chicken chunks could be substituted or a fried mushroom medley for vegetarians.
- 12 leaves cabbage
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes; drain.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends. Place rolls in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover, and cook on Low 8 to 9 hours.