I see our world in such chaos and grown adults acting like petulant children stomping their feet. I don’t know about you but if I’d acted that way my parents would have given me a good head thumping or as they say in our neck of the wood…a good Kentucky butt whipping out on the back forty.
If one is a supportive responsible member of society, one gets up each day and does the job before them. If you need a job, then the job is updating your resume and seeking a job. It is NOT stomping your foot like Rumpelstiltskin until you go through the floor with shin splints. Seriously, what am I missing?
I was in a near fatal accident once on a Friday afternoon. I completely scalped my head and was in trauma care for hours flat-lining twice. I was egg plant colored from collar bone to ankles but went to work on Monday as if nothing had happened. I hate pussy, whining drones. Seriously, I’m so sick of lining in a whining, over entitled society. Our grandparents are turning over in their graves along with the men, women who have died for this great land and our freedom, as well as the founding fathers.
Get a grip, Get a life, Get a job, Get grateful for this beautiful world and shut up if you can’t.
The Queen Cronista
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar Packed
½ Cup All Purpose Flower
2 Cups Chopped Pecans
2/3 Cups Softened Butter
2 Medium Eggs Beaten
Prehat oven to 350°.
Generously Grease Muffin Cups (must do well or they will stick). In a medium bowl stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans. In a separate bowl beat the butter and eggs together. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
Spoon batter into muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 12-13 Minutes for mini muffins. Bake 15-17 Minutes for regular muffins. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin and pop it out….
It’s snowing today after numerous weeks of nominal winter weather conditions. All moisture will be good for the spring flowers coming soon.
I am reminded that this type of climate fluctuation is like our own lives. You never know what the day will bring; but you should always find a way to look at it positively. You can choose. What is a yucky day for one can mean a spring filled with beautiful flowers on the way, to another. I like that thought today. How about you.
The Queen Cronista,
In·tent\ inˈtent/ noun: intention or purpose.“with alarm she realized his intent”
What’s your Intention today. What energy are you putting out to our Universe? Take time to ponder.
The Queen Cronista
TUNA CASSEROLE Ingredients
- 1 Cup Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 Can Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 3 (5 Ounce) Cans Tuna, Drained
- ½ Lb. Gruyere Cheese Shredded
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Pound Cheddar Cheese, Cubed
- 1 1/2 Cups Seasoned Croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, in a lightly sprayed 9×13 inch baking dish, combine soup, tuna and 1/2 of the cheese; mix well.
- Add pasta to baking dish and mix together. Add remaining cheese to the top of the mixture, then add croutons. Cover dish and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted; serve.
I was on my way to work this morning and stopped at the usual 4-Way Stop. I was about 8 cars back in my lane. All the vehicles were headed in the opposite direction from me. As I sat observing 3 our of 4 drivers had cell phones to their ears.
What part of ...you’re worse than a drunk driver ….don’t you understand?!!! Yesterday at that location a small unparented child headed toward the road. Not one of the people on a cell phone would have seen her.
Please people, isn’t there enough chaos in the world without you running around with carefree abandon on a public roadway and endangering lives…including your own I might add. The rules of defensive driving say we are responsible to see that we drive safely so that every other driver ends up at their respective destinations safe as well.
Be the light!
The Queen Cronista
This is an authentic, bold, and irresistible Thai soup ! This is the best Thai coconut soup I’ve had. You won’t be disappointed with this one! Serve over steamed jasmine rice.
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Stalk Lemon Grass, Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Red Curry Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Ground
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 3 (13.5 Ounce) Cans Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Pound Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp – Peeled And Deveined
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- Sea Salt To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste, in the heated oil for 1 minute. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually. Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar and turmeric; simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp; cook until no longer translucent about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice; season with salt; garnish with cilantro.
- 2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 4 Skinless, Chicken Breast Halves – Cut Into 1/2 Inch Strips
- 2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with jasmine rice and oolong tea
You could also use 1 lb jumbo shrimp or 1 lb sirloin strips in lieu of chicken.