- 1 (16 Ounce) Package Dried Penne Pasta
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
- 3 Lg Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves – Cut Into Cubes
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Lg Lemon; Juice And Zest
- 1 Bunch Asparagus Spears, Cut On Diagonal Into 1- Inch Pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
- Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.